Thread: Back Again
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HealthyK

Unhappy Back Again

Hi everyone,
I'm back again and struggling with alcohol. I had about 1.5 years sober and after some major life changes, I thought I could handle drinking socially. And of course, I was wrong. I don't drink often but when I do, I definitely don't stop.

I'm feeling pretty bad right now, after last night with a bad hangover and a little let down by myself. I drink mostly due to social anxiety and depression, both of which I'm addressing. I know I can do this again, but I just feel a little resentful of the fact that I can't just go out and have a beer and that I have no control over it.

I know I'll be okay tomorrow and feel better. The hangover depression will pass, I'll feel physically better but I'm just really worried I won't be able to quit totally. I know I've done it before and I was extremely proud of myself, but I don't know why it's such a struggle this time.

Any help or advice would be great. I'm going to try AA again, but meetings really just weren't for me when I tried again. This place was actually the biggest saving grace for me before, so I'm hoping it will help again.

Thanks for listening. Here's hoping I can quit for good this time.