View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by sammysmith View Post
So, I went to the GP who was very sympathetic. She referred me to a local non AA counselling place However she also said if I wanted Detox I would have to call CRI. This I did. The person who answered spoke slowly and in a raised voice to me like I was stupid. Erm, I'm a 32 year old professional?! I don't think I will be using them and I told her what I thought about her tone (in a polite and forthright way). I'll be using the local support group now. Can anyone recommend anywhere who supports detox that are not CRI? 😂😂 There is no way I would speak to another adult the way I was spoken to. Avoiding them! She also questioned why I couldn't commit to coming during opening hours 9-12. Yeah, I work full time an hours commute away...
Glad things went well at the doctor. I also am not sure what you mean by CRI? But I can tell you that outpatient programs will normally be every day or at least multiple days a week so you will most likely have to take some time off work to attend no matter what.

Getting sober is going to require you to do things you most likely don't want to do or are not comfortable doing - there's no way of getting around that. We had no problem adjusting our lives in order to drink, so we have to do the same to get back out of the hole.