Old 04-25-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
behindblueyes

Has anyone ever lied to get out of heavy drinking events?

I flat out lied this morning. I have been sober for x amount of days. (I don't like to count because then I think I deserve a "reward drink" for so many weeks, but I will say weeks).

Finally, I am away from all the temptations and feeling great and my friend has been nagging to get together with the one alcoholic who pushes me to no end. When I go out with this girl, she makes fun of me for not drinking fast enough. She will not let me leave and screams when I do. Shots are a must. She never drives home sober and never remembers the night before.

Saturday is her birthday party and she wants everyone at her favorite bar. No excuses. I flat out lied and said my distant family is coming in to town for one weekend only.

Now I feel guilty. However, one beer for me put me into near DTs last time so should I feel bad? This is a group of people who are "normal" drinkers plus this girl herself is so far into alcoholism she doesn't even know it. I have hit my bottom and I know it. Explaining DTs and relapse to them is impossible as they would just say "Oh, come but don't drink.". Whatever I have to do to stay sober right? Thanks as always.