Thread: Sad
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wildchild69

So sorry you're being flooded with such pain and trials right now. Not to sound like a broken record, but we're all here because we know we gotta put down the bottle. I worked in the bar scene for over 10 years....it fueled my binge drinking.... shots during and after work....driving home (more often than not) intoxicated. I get the feeling of wanting to drink to "get through the shift".... that's why I had to say goodbye to working in a bar.
Nothing's unfixable....keep your chin up and keep posting on here. I'm not familiar with AA, but it seems to work miracles for people. Remember that each day is a chance to start over. Always fast forward a few hours from that initial craving to drink....nothing good can com from it. It always feels like we're missing out when we abstain from alcohol while others partake, but in reality.... we're gaining so much more!!!
They may drink "responsibly" and be just fine....or they're going to push the limits and wake up hating life the next day. Either way, we've realized we can't just have a drink or two and be done......so it always ends with the latter. Trust me, we're not missing anything good!!!