View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
thedryoutdrsmn

Hi guys, just checking in. Had a weird day, I am building a giant BBQ, so I needed a welding guy, and he wanted beer in return, well, first time inside a liquor store in nearly 2 yrs. It was nostalgic, and I felt odd, like when I fly back home every couple yrs, a place oh too familiar, yet kind of getting further into memory. As I approached the front door I started thinking about how I would feel going in, curious more than worried, and then I started thinking about how much BS walking into these places has caused me over the yrs, I smiled knowing I am better off now, and walked thru the doors. I then was immediately hit with "holy ****" I am not sure if I could afford to drink anymore even if I wanted to. I told the owner that I remember from before that I had stopped drinking, and this was for a friend, and she smiled, probably knowing she hadn't seen this regular in quite sometime. It was an interesting experience, and I was glad to get one of the last firsts out of the way. all the best guys! dry