Thread: Sad
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alegresempre

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
Hello Alegresempe,
When ALL else Fails ... When ALL else failed for me - including rehab, and other Sobriety programs ... AA saved my life ... and after years of struggling (face in the asphalt failing) really WORKING the 12 Steps of AA brought about in me a Miracle I could not have done for myself ... and now I am well over 2 years ... Sober, Happy, Joyous and FREE.

My suggestions, based on my experience and long period of struggling:
+ Do a Web Search for Recovery Speaker messages. There are many, and most are free. I suggest especially focusing on Speaker Messages that target the Steps, and progress from Step 1 thru Step 12.
+ Get the book, Alcoholics Anonymous and read it repeatedly, including the intro section, The Doctor's Opinion.
+ Go to local AA meetings. Try a few, over and over, and get a feel of which meetings have people that Share the Solution. Especially ask the 'chair person' of the meeting, and check online, if there are any Book Study meetings.
+ Keep active on the Sober Recovery website.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2
Thank you for you replay rdb, I have 'been" on a AA meeting but I do have to take the meetings more seriously, I will take you advice in everything else, I really have to take my life back, thank you😞