View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 08:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
2dayzmuse
Paused

(((Jazz)))

I'm glad you made it back to read your responses. No need to be embarrassed, yes we all have done similialr things in the past. You know it doesn't have to be that way. Thank goodness for that. It sounds like you know what you need to do to get sober. 6 years is along time. Now let's work on staying sober. Let me guess? Complacency? Yep, that is our worse enemy.

Work on staying sober today and prepare for tomorrow. Kids are resilient, but at what point does the damage become irreparable? I don't know? Your kids are a tough price to pay for a drink and a regrettable drunk.

Yes, I do understand your quilt. Leave it behind and move forward. I'm so grateful I got sober when I did. My daughter will be 13 and she needs me now. I shudder to think what she would be up to if I were drunk and unable to keep a sober eye on her where abouts and activities. I'd be to drunk to handle situations properly and she would take full advantage of that. I can't and won't allow that to happen.

There is no better time than today to get sober. Your kids need you sober. They are at a very impressionable ages. Any age is impressionable for that matter. They will be relieved and you will earn there trust again if you make an honest effort. What do you say? Do you have a plan? I wish you the best and hope you stay and share your ES&H with us. Good luck...

By the way...love the avatar!