View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Life isn't fair? That's for umpires and parents to say, and children to believe.

But life can be fun. Drinking gave us a way to solve our boredom by doing something that was not actually doing anything, except pouring money down the toilet after we processed it. And damaging the change machine in time.

You can go do something fun, or all the old nothing things. Take the money you saved and save it, then go skydiving, scuba diving, two of my favorite activities I can't do any more because of spinal issues. It took weeks of training to get PADI certified and we did our open water off Hurghada Egypt in 1996 for a week! Is it fair that I have spinal issues and can't dive anymore or ski the expert slopes or play guitar because of disabilities acquired living a full life? Nope, because I didn't sit around in dark rooms all my life being incoherent, laughing hysterically at nothing, and thinking that was fun , especially the next morning.

What does your newly sober economy want to pick first? Too bad your drunk friends cannot focus long enough, or spare the money from drinking, to actually do something. That is just not fair either, or is it? Immediate gratification? Can't focus o anything for weeks at a time? you will be able to if you stay sober for a two year period and see counselors to learn life coping skills or get it free from AA.

You see, we all have been there. We aren't normies that just don't understand. I do understand that if you continue to consider yourself deprived of something by not drinking alcohol just tell me what it is you can do drinking that you can't do better sober, and experience better.

Life doesn't get better, we do.