View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SugarPlumBunny

Originally Posted by alcoholics wife View Post

I've always been curious of smart recovery. Do you have a preference in teaching methods between AA or Smart?
Well, Smart recovery is very.. Fluid in the sense where the Smart recovery host has a topic they're focusing on for that meeting (For example, how to manage your negative thoughts, behaviors and feelings) and we explore what kinds of thoughts and feelings we have about alcohol, we do a cost benefit analysis, and we share what alcohol had done and taken away from us. Anyone can share about what they're going through/struggling with and then it gets related back to the topic. It's non secular which I'm fine with either way bc I believe in Jesus, but the great thing about Smart is that it is a smaller group, it feels like everyone knows each other and we genuinely root each other on about being consistent in coming to our meetings.
I don't know all of the topics the host has, but if you Google: smart recovery meeting topics, you can see the topics they have. Check out a Smart meeting if you could, it really is a great and safe place!