View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Stooper

Is Rehab the Right Choice?

You have read all good suggests in these reply posts. One more I would like to add. You might want to find out if you are co-occurring ( a person who is both mentally ill and suffering with addiction), or a person who's main problem is addiction. To do this requires enough clean time to be able to tell the difference. It would be beneficial for you to find a doctor versed in addiction medicine. While doing this it is imperative that you remain clean from all mind altering substances. You must establish good support systems (i.e. AA), supportive non-using friends and family, and appropriate out-patient programs (if you qualify) to assist you in staying clean while you determine where you stand with your disorder(s). One last thing. Develop a true respect and love for yourself, for people who truly love themselves can't hurt themselves. And this love spills over to other people and things in your life. If you really want this you can do it. Don't be afraid, just do what needs to be done. My love and prayers to you.