Old 04-18-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Ananda

You know ... I just have to say something and I'm sorry but....

Some people are lucky and everything just clears up over a few years. Some aren't that lucky.

Hanging on to the idea that by golly somehow this will just disappear or be minor in 2 years .... well that did not happen for me in every respect. I don't have 2 years right now, but when I did it didn't make it all go away.

Hope is a good thing, unless you are hanging your sobriety on a hope and prayer that may not happen.

Oh gosh ... I actually see I am over reacting!!!! argggh...

It is important to me that my "life style changes" include things like watching water temperature, dealing with tremors at work and home, and a myriad of other things. I can no longer stick my head in the sand and say "don't worry be happy" I have to take concreate steps to deal with the physical results of a full life of out of control drinking at least on a every 10 year basis.

I'm terribly sorry if I offend you OnIsTooMuch, (and even sorrier if I look like a jerk because I am pretty self centered). This is not really a response to you ... it is me vocalizing the strong feelings and emotions and thoughts that I had (and in that respect you are helping me cause I have to look at that stuff! )

It's just that there are a lot of threads that I can go to and be told it will be ok if I just don't drink. As I say many times, don't drink is the only answer as far as stopping further damage, and it's always possible that the problems in health will get better. It's just that what on earth do we do when those problems don't get better. And I mean solid practical answers, not "let it go" or "it is what it is" or "trust in god" .... what do we do on a daily basis to deal with these health issues (testing our water with a thermostat, holding on to the rail when we go up the stairs, getting up an hour early to accommodate the diaria and vomiting that pancreatitis and other alchohol related illnesses can cause even after we are sober).

this thread doesn't seem to really be helpful to anyone and I need to rethink it. This may be something I need to simply deal with on my own.

Thank you all ... and believe it or not I'm actually having a good day