View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Gdgirl1972 View Post
So just some other background- I lost my last pregnancy 2 months ago at 25 weeks. My son had multiple fatal heart defects (not related to drinking I was sober for over a year) and we terminated. This lead to a relapse and I just can't pull out of it. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I guess I needed to let it out. I am just so sad every day.
You have offended no one... as you can see many have been in similar situations to yours, and we know how hard it is to quit - even in the face of things that you'd think would make it an easy decision to make.

I think what you need to remember is that you absolutely know how to stay sober, you've done it for long periods in the past. And you can absolutely do it again now if you would like. There is a ton of support available here and as others have mentioned, reading some sticky's an asking questions would be a great way to help you learn more about how others have gone about it.

The immediate issue is getting you safely detoxed and that is why many of the responses seem strong...because we all know how dangerous detox can potentially be. I truly hope you can just make the call to your doctor and let them know what's happening so you can get help again. There is no shame in it, and i'm sure they would MUCH rather have you call than try this on your own.