View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
fantail
now's the time

Hello life changers.

Back on the east coast now and it was a wonderful visit to CA, where I lived for the last 5 years. I feel confident now that I can move back there whenever I want. Which is nice. By the time I left I'd convinced myself that I had nothing out there, no friends, blah blah, typical drunk dramatic thinking. I'd lost a job and my relationship had ended so I decided my life there was over, but it's very much not and I was welcomed with open arms by all of the friends that drunk me thought would never be part of my life anymore (??). I felt very loved and safe. If you love someone let them free... if you love a city move away, and if you have enough couches to sleep on for a ten day visit, then you'll know it was really yours. So my location change is going well. I feel comforted knowing I have a home somewhere.

Other changes... meh. I got turned down for one job I was interviewing for yesterday, which upset me. So last night I was telling my friend that I'm done with business and I'm just going to move to Mexico and teach English again and try to do more creative writing. Then today I had a great phone interview so now I'm all bullish on business again. Ups and downs, ups and downs. I'm so much better at bouncing back, though. During my 1.5 years of many relapses, I used to relapse every single time I got an interview and then got turned down. Which would put me out of the job hunt for another two weeks minimum. Exhausting. So I'm not employed yet but I'm getting better at this process.