View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Great! Feeling empowered is WONDERFUL. Just don't let it make you careless. You still have to be careful, and as long as you are, you should be just fine. Keep any exchanges you MUST have with him (e.g., concerning the kids) absolutely neutral, no matter how much he tries to provoke. Practice your deadpan look/voice. You're cool but smart and not putting up with nonsense.
All exchanges will be at the Police Station (as they are supposed to be but I have relented and not insisted at times) and all will be recorded.

That is in one of the early prior orders and it remains in effect in the final order too.

I feel a weight has been lifted. Being afraid EVERY.SINGLE.DAY for years is a lot....

I am sure I will continue to have days I feel afraid, but I feel in control of my own life today and that is a NICE feeling.

I truly am not sure why I didn't just set this boundary ages ago with him.

I think that I was afraid to change the dynamic... at least when he's in touch all the time and being an a$$, I know what to expect... I think I was oddly anxious about what changing that would mean...

Not anymore.