View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Ha!

Just had an idea, emailed my lawyer and got told by her that it's smart and savvy and that I should have stayed in law school (good thinking on my part to drop out to follow xAH, then xBF cross country)...

With her help, drafted this email to xAH. Actually I wrote it, she deleted extraneous stuff and I sent it.

I can not easily go back to court to get the decree re worked to include a communication clause BUT I realized that my state has harassment/stalking laws and I can document my own statement to him outlining the conditions under which he is allowed to contact me and if he violates it, the police can then choose to press criminal harassment charges.

This way, Im not the one pursuing a RO.

Now, given this email, if he texts, emails or calls two or more times, now that I have told him this, explicitly, that violates a state law dealing with harassment.

Now, it is crystal clear under what circumstances I will accept contact with him.

Why didn't I think of this sooner????

I am writing this as a formal, documented, notice to you that effective immediately, I want no further text, email or phone contact from you unless it is related to a pressing safety or health matter concerning the girls during your parenting time. In that case, please text or email me.

The girls have a phone and you have that number. If you wish to make calls to them, as the final decree affords us both the right to do when the girls are with the other parent, do so on that line only.

If there is a pressing health or safety issues that impacts the girls when they are with me, I will notify you of it in email so that you are aware.

Any additional contact from you, excepting an emergency pertaining to the girls when they are with you, after you are in receipt of this email, will result in police involvement.