View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
Thank you teatreeoil. I think you understand. I'm simply dealing with people who, for what ever reason, want something from me and refuse to accept its not mutual. Your post hits the mark.
You're welcome bluedog! It's rather all too easy, especially with family to feel "obligated" for whatever, HOWever.... some people have a way of "roping you in"; into to something that you truly do not want to get into...as in the long run it doesn't really BENEFIT you and essentially sucks more out of you...contributing to your OWN lack of being complete....DETRACTING from your OWN health and well being.

I know it sounds like an excuse, but I really do believe that there are people with toxic behaviors with or without alcohol/drug use/abuse who are not CONTRIBUTING to your good health, but in a way taking advantage of the situation and perhaps your good will and kindness. So many of us start out as being co-dependents; part of a "machine" that is malfunctioning...maybe we "coped" very well for a certain period of time, and then turned to alcohol for whatever reason to deal with the "nature of the beast". (I am thinking of certain families and certain professions here).

Unsolicited advice that is not beneficial to you is big boundary issue in my opinion. And, there are some people who are simply domineering; that doesn't set very well with me...