Thread: Vacations
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
girlygirl23

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
Actually you can, at least not around you, and if it's important to him and he really doesn't have a problem of his own, he'll be happy to oblige to keep you safe and secure.

I think a lot depends on how big a problem you had, and how long you have been sober.

I go to Vegas often on business trips and it does not bother me, five years in. I wouldn't go on a Vegas drinking birthday party weekend with anyone, not because I'm afraid I would drink but because it would not be fun - in fact it would annoy me. However I'd be fine going on a Vegas birthday party weekend where the focus wasn't on getting drunk.

6 months in, I would not have gone at all because it would have been too stressful for me, whether or not I would have stayed sober.
I see your point Jeffery. I'm sure my husband would stop drinking if i asked or if he thought i couldn't be around it but as of right now it's not a problem. I will keep it in mind though. Now i'm curious to how many people significant others stop drinking when they did. Thanks!!