Old 04-04-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Mango blast

WTBH -

This sounds like abuse on his part, of you and your children. Verbal abuse can be every bit as bad as physical abuse. Domestic violence centers are for our support. As I'm more open to help and support, I'm finding it in more places and have been so glad for it. It's a relief to not have to do everything myself and shoulder the whole load. Stress is something I've long been accustomed to. I'm getting new awareness of how much stress my body carries and how it impacts me.

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I guess it's a matter of choosing my poison. I set myself up to be insulted by complying with the court orders or I just make the decision alone and set myself up for him to file more frivolous contempt motions...

It's sort of a matter of what's the least of two evils.
I hear you on this! There may be some gray areas between those two places.

Even simple emails I am now making a draft and having someone who is further along with their recovery review or word for me. It's been a huge help. I can focus better on the task instead of going around in what-ifs. Some of these things I know how to do, but they weren't working well for me. I'm getting curious about how others handle things, asking questions and seeing new ways modeled for me.

Baby steps. It seems like you're doing quite well. When looking back a year ago, do you see progress in your life? (((hugs)))