Thread: OT-Wakeup call
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FireSprite

I think this is awesome Lexi, I've spent the last year doing the exact same thing & I have never been happier with myself.

I'm 2 weeks away from my One Year mark. One year ago I could barely walk to the end of my block (.25 miles) and now I'm powering through 5 mile+ power walks & doing light running. I've worked up to 60-min long yoga workouts in addition to my more restorative home practice. I've probably dropped 35 lbs or so - I do not weigh myself. I love simple stuff like breathing, not getting sliced by my seat belt, etc. A year ago I was busting out of my size 12's and last week I bought size 4's. I feel amazing & I've learned a lot about myself in the process because I dug into this on all levels in light of my eating disorder habits - physical, mental & spiritual.

I also can't go carb-free, but I have found (like honeypig) that I can easily do without certain types. White breads & pastas don't hold any allure for me any longer & I will easily trade those carb-calories for a cupcake instead. I don't mind the whole-grain alternatives at all, I just don't tend to crave them. I have to watch my fruits for carb/hidden sugar because I can overdo it easily in that category, lol.

I am reading the Wild Diet by Abel James after watching how amazingly he demonstrated it's results on "My Diet Is Better Than Yours" recently. It caught my attention because he had great protein ideas (& I struggle with that) but I kept getting more impressed at the science behind his diet, with each passing episode. I just got the book, hoping to start it by the weekend.
http://fatburningman.com/what-is-the-wild-diet/

If you want more inspiration I highly suggest watching the documentaries, "Fed Up!" and "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" - I think both are available on Netflix and/or hulu.

Good Luck!!!