View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Happy Easter!

My cousin and I are in Savannah- we are going to Mass and treating today like a normal Sunday - going to a shrimp shack for lunch, then through the stores along the river.

Thanks for the new thread, Dee. Imagine - Part 22 ! ! ! ! We have certainly come a long way.

I wish you all the best, and I am saying a prayer for those who started the journey with us and are no longer part of our group. I hope they have joined another group or found some other way to gain sobriety. It is so, so worth it. I cannot imagine being any help at all to my cousin if I was still drinking - I would be busy trying to figure out ways to sneak drinks, wondering when my next one would be, convincing her to stop here and there for drinks - since she rarely drinks, it would have been awful - in fact, I probably would have made excuses and refused when she asked if I would fly down to help her close up her home and drive back to the Cape with her..........what a difference. And, she is definitely having some good laughs and getting stronger along the way. No idea when we will be back - next stop is Hilton Head.

I have put the idea of buying a home in Florida on the back burner, and she has decided to wait at least one more winter before making a decision about selling hers.

Let's keep on keeping on.