Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Hi Friends.

Thanks again for thoughtful responses. I think I'll maintain this thread for a while when I can to share how my recovery from the relapse is going, I am really glad if it helps anyone and especially if it helps prevent relapses.

I went to an AA meeting last night, it was quite good. I also want to go to SMART meetings but those are trickier as they are not so abundant and the times often conflict with my work schedule. Will try on the weekend. I think I will also try (again) a few different AA groups, see if I feel like committing more seriously to any or if I want to choose a sponsor to do the steps.

Otherwise so far so good, I am super busy with work and will be for a couple weeks at least. I could really focus well yesterday on the different things I need to do, surprised that my mind is so clear and that my brain functions well. Yes it's definitely not like when I first got sober after many years of abusing alcohol, I think the two years of sobriety had a clear effect both physically and mentally, which of course makes a lot of sense. So glad I stopped that madness after two weeks and am back on track before the drinking would have become more damaging! I'm also in a fairly good mood now in spite of the work stress, minimal anxiety etc. And no craving or drinking urges so far, I think staying busy helps with this. Speaking of which, I need to get going now... See you later