View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
Last year when there was a RO against him, and his lawyer was contacting me regularly to try and coerce me into amending the RO, I ignored their ludicrous requests.

When that didn't get a response from me, they filed a false RO which was granted.

And they got to abuse and harass me in court.

So, that's what he did a year ago at this time when I ignored him.

So, I am afraid.

He is finding one way or another to impact me negatively.
Yes, I get all of that & I am NOT trying to minimize your situation, please don't take it that way as you read my replies to your posts.

Here's all that I'm saying - you have 2 choices here:

Either cave every time he demands that you jump, for the rest of your life ~or~

Enforce your boundaries &legal rights 100x if that's what it takes for him to get the message. Every time you cave, you start over again in terms of him feeling that he has some sort of control over you.

Let him take you to court - and countersue whenever possible. You definitely suffer psychologically, no doubt, but you're going to be at his mercy psychologically EITHER WAY, aren't' you?

So do you want to hope that by going through it 100x & it may just end once he exhausts himself? Or do you want to just accept that this is going to go on forever, with no hope of an ending? Like TW pointed out, which is the higher price to pay?

I'm not trying to say that any of this is easy or in any way simple. It's not. It's HARD. It's going to be exhausting & it will wear you down mentally. But he's doing that anyway, every time he pulls a stunt like this, isn't he?