View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Steely

Smile

Hi kzaug,
Just got back from the city and having a cup of tea. Thank goodness to be home was feeling a bit shaky, generalised tremor not from alcohol just angst. Walked past a pub but knew it was not an alternative so that was good.

"Off your own bat" means that she did it without anyone asking her, brothers ie. She held her own (cricket) bat and gave it a slog all on her own so that my brothers would not get into trouble with the police. She has never used an illicit drug including tobacco in her entire life, and then there was Dad the raging alcoholic. Good fisherman though. Sheeee!

Sorry if I have been raving about family lately. It's just that I don't think Mum is going to be around much longer and family have been on my mind.

I think that the illegality of drugs makes for crime. From what I've read more people don't just jump on the band wagon because they have been made legal. If alcohol were illegal bet crime would increase. Tell you what, I've felt like I was going to die following a binge. Hangover, Schmangover, I'm talking death.

My haircuts cost $25 El cheapo. I'm going for the Albert Einstein look and my friend reckons I've got it nailed. I've got a bit of a crush on Albert even though I know he's dead. His eyes look really kind. It's all relative. Oh well, she's got a crush on Rory Gallagher so why not he's dead too.

And now thank goodness I'm sober and can't be happier for the mercy. No matter what life dishes up now I know that drinking is not an alternative and to hold that card means everything, the alternative being nothing. Like zip. I got the Bird!

Everyone is really deadly here and I thank you so. Hope your day at the beauty salon turns out a beauty. And now I'll just go curl up and die.