View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
It was funny kzaug.

Poor Mum, she was really proud of it and showed it to all her friends..

Some clue on my mother. Two of my brothers used to use heroin and some electrical goods had been knocked off from up the street, the cops came to our house.

My brothers used but they did not steal. It's a fallacy to believe, as a lot do, that all injectable drug users are thieves. It really annoys me. Judgemental.

Cops came and poor old Mum hid fits (off her own bat) in her apron pocket to protect her sons. She has never taken an illicit drug in her life and doesn't drink, and she's not an alcoholic. Images of Mum getting dragged off for self-administration. Gimme a camera.

I did understand that it was your former husband who was violent. My use of that stupid club wielding emoticon was supposed to demonstrate you clouting your current partner if he didn't cease and desist his current wayward behaviour. It was only a weak joke. I hate violence of any kind.

I'm doing OK. Still struggling with finding some sort of meaning but try to keep the faith. Anxiety and depression still know my name. I just gotta know theirs and one day I will. I'll have 90 days soon.

Bat on over the fence into the crowd. Huge six. That's my hope at anyrate, even though I am a bit naive.

Best to all, steely.
What's that mean "hid fits off her own bat?" I'm not up on all the Australian terminology lol.

I agree in regards that all heroin addicts must be thieves. My hubs & I never stole a penny from anyone. I think that addicts that own their own homes w/furnishings, decor, wkly or monthly income and such don't need to steal. But, I also think that if we would have continued using for yrs, we would have lost everything and may have resorted to stealing eventually. I used nearly every drug known to man in my lifetime and heroin was the only 1 that I desperately needed to obtain every day, due to how quickly hellish withdrawal set in. Prescription drugs stay in your system longer, unlike heroin. Coke, meth, crack, pot and psychedelics are mentally addicting, but you don't feel like your going to die if you don't use the next day. The only thing I'm not sure about is alcohol because the most I've ever used was once or twice/wk on the wkends. But, I know people who drink daily get bad shakes & such. But, I don't know if they feel like they're dying, like heroin addicts do?
I think a lot of people's perception of a heroin addict is a homeless, living under a bridge thief. And, that's just not right. Addicts come from all walks of life.

(( Hugs )) hunny!