View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
I'm kind of in the middle on this one...from the outside, I agree that it seems there is a PTSD-ish reaction here that may have been exacerbated by the interaction with your ex earlier. But I also take GREAT umbrage when people tell me something like "I'm sorry that you misinterpreted that," or "I'm sorry that you reacted that way." That is SUCH a non-apology. Then again, it is so common in our society that I think a lot of people say those things without realizing how ridiculous they are.

I agree that some time and distance, and maybe a good talk with a therapist, will help you sort through this.
I think (bc I have now re read his apology text that matches what he said in person last night too) that his apology was sincere... And I think that I am just struggling with not associating the language that xAH used to be a jerk with someone who maybe just is being a guy and saying things in a way that is not how I would....

If nothing else, this has shown me that there are a lot of hidden landmines that I don't even yet realize exist that apparently are going to pop up like this and my knee jerk inclination is to simply shut down and isolate myself...

I am NOT comfortable trusting it appears... who knew...