Old 03-15-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Delizadee

This is a great thread. That's something I think I haven't really thought about enough in early recovery. It's true that even if we relapse or whatever you choose to call it, it still has to be a conscious decision to take that drink. Much different from other illnesses that ail us that we don't exactly have a choice in when or how it hits us. That is some great food for thought.

I know for me it doesn't matter what I call it.
I know for myself however I put it out there to the world the fact remains that I chose to take a drink
But I also know that getting some sobriety under my belt to begin with was awfully hard, so I don't try to spend too much time thinking on what I call it as long as I'm being honest with myself about what happened and look at how to change my plans to keep my sobriety on track then that's what I think is most important to me.
I mean if I walked into that tall broad piece of a house which divides rooms or if I took a dippy with Mr smirnoff again I'm sure most would eventually get my drift that I walked into a wall and also had a drink again. So im not lessening the shame by giving it a different name if that means its going to help someone find their way back to sobriefly and notll leaving one foot out the door as a chance to drink again.