View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I remember when you first came here and I was most certainly one of the ones who said things you did not want to hear at that time. I have a hard time softening my words sometimes, and even when I try, I still sometimes come off harsh. I apologize for that, but I cannot tell you how much you have grown over the past couple of years! I am so proud of you and so happy that your life is so much better now.

Of course, you still have to deal with your ex for awhile, but you have grown in areas that, I believe, will keep you from feeling helpless and have empowered you. You are an inspiration. (((HUGS)))
I was a MASSIVE pain in the arse to you and several others who were, blunt, direct, honest and PRECISELY what I needed to hear even if I did not want to hear it...

If I'd been coddled and told my choices were ok, I would not have gotten my act together and my kids would be more of a mess than they are anyway due to my staying too long.

Suki, I have actually described you to friends in my non virtual world (and Anvil too) as being the kick in the pants that I needed but hated to need...

I can't imagine I was someone who you wanted to deal with in any way many many times and I truly am grateful for your tolerance of my ridiculous stubborn/codie-ness because hearing the tough stuff was ultimately what got through to me...

And you know what? Ironically, I am now the person who tends to **** off those around me who don't want to hear the blunt truth... My one time best friend is someone who adored me for as long as I coddled and enabled her bad choices and over the last year Ive thought of you and how direct you were with me and how I reacted to you and realized that the venom I was getting from my then friend as I was being blunt with her was really karma

Long winded way of telling you thank you! I have a long way to go, but I feel like Ive made it through the worst and truly you're someone who helped me more than you'll ever know even if I was a jerk for not appreciating you at the time!