View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
That makes me so happy to hear, and I'm glad you shared it.
During the last few years of my alcoholic marriage, I swore off men for good - I figured the risks far outweighed the advantages with a relationship; I'd stick with friends and leave romantic relationships alone.
Me too!

I thought I was "damaged goods" not in the way that nobody would want me, but that I would continue falling for the wrong guy, that my codependency would not allow anything else.
Yup! And in the limited amount I have dated over the last few years, I've done just that... So at the end of the summer I decided I was DONE. I truly was good just hanging w the kids, and wanted to just stick with what I knew, which was me and my kids and really saw no reason or benefit to involve anyone else in my life... But sometimes life throws a good curveball and who knows what will come of this with this fellow but if nothing else, it is LOVELY to have a low key, drama free, enjoyable adult with whom I love spending time.... And Im still equally happy spending time just myself with my kids or myself alone... He adds a nice plus to an already good life and that is just nice

I ended up marrying one of my oldest friends. Who thought you could have romantic love without the drama, huh?
Lol! Who knew?!

You if anyone deserves a person in your life who respects you and brings you joy. I am so very happy for you!!!
<3 Thank you!!!!!