View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Originally Posted by WiltedLotus View Post
Thanks all for the words of support 🙏 They really did get me through the day and here I am now day 7 thankful not to have woken up feeling shaky, nauseas, and aching. There's no doubt the hangovers have gotten way worse with age (I'm 30) and the price to pay for the hours of numbness is just too high now. Tonight is Friday night and the commercials on TV are filled with my old friend alcohol. Fortunately I don't even have an appetite for anything so it will be my new friend bed tonight and g'nite all sleep well. 😴❤
You will carry these feelings for a while...my first 2 years of sobriety were very tough..although each day got easier...I was still drawn to the commercials...and wondering WHY not...why can't I have a few...especially at the 1 month, 3 month and 6 month periods.

What helped me was writing down all the things (benefits) I was getting from not drinking. I remember writing...I was eating...I was showering....I was looking better...I was just a little bit more focused...I wasn't concerned about making it to the liquor store to have enough in my trunk for after work...etc.

So many benefits. The only thing I ever got from drinking was problems...and as you mentioned as I got older..the problems became more frequent and they got worse.
You are doing well....don't give up your 7 days...don't give up at ALL.