View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Hi guys,
Melkids, in regards to anxiety, I agree w/all of Astros recommendations and I'd like to add 2 of my own.....music and adult coloring books. I listen to my fave music for 4-6 hrs everyday. And adult coloring help take your mind off you. Adult coloring books held the 2 top spots at Amazon recently, so they do work. I'm sorry you're having a rough time with your son. I hope you're having a more relaxing day today.

Hi Blacky! Hope you're doing well.

Steely, I told you about the 2 schizophrenics in my life in the pm I sent you. I'm looking forward to your response. Have you ( or anyone else ) ever seen the movie Neverwas? It stars Aaron Eckhart, Ian McKellen, Brittany Murphy, William Holden, Jessica Lange, Nick Nolte and Alan Cumming and its an incredible movie about schizophrenia and mental illness. It's pretty hard to watch at times if you've ever dealt with mental illness in your family, but one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Astro, my love for Roger and Hammerstein movies came from my mother too. It's my favorite memory of my mom, along with the music she listen to....Simon and Garfunkel, The Seekers, Peter, Paul and Mary to name a few. She was addicted to prescription drugs her entire life, so I don't think I ever got to meet the "real" her.
No, I've never heard the classical version of Iron Maiden, but I'm going to Google it for sure! Thx! I do listen to classical music around Christmas because it reminds me of 2 of the most wonderful people I've ever met, my grandparents.

Winslow, I hope you're having a good wkend.

Wolfie, get better soon and come back to us soon.

Healing (( hugs )) everyone!