Old 03-06-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Knb, when I would go out I would drink beer. I rarely ordered hard alcohol, except I went through a White Russian period after seeing the Big Lebowski.
This all got out of control after the end of a very long relationship. For some reason I started buying a mid priced vodka made in Oregon. Then I started drinking at home and bought the cheapest, most vile hard alcohol you can imagine. I recognized I had a problem and thought I could cut back if I bought crazy expensive hard alcohol, so for a while I was buying 50 and 70 dollar bottles of whiskey and brandy. That didn't work. I drank em at the same rate as the cheap stuff. At some point I switched to a form of beer. The stuff I bought was so ghetto and so embarrassing I've never posted about it--so deep is my shame.
So, to answer your question, I was a real garbage drinker. I would literally drink anything. I was thinking about that yesterday, and by far the worst thing I ever drank was some type of peppermint schnapps. Even I drew the line there. No schnapps.
I never got into wine. My lowest point was about a year ago when I went into a grocery store at about 9 a.m., unshaven, and bought two bottles of cheap wine. That was close to rock bottom.
This has been cathartic. I was feeling a little wobbly today, but reliving some of this makes me realize that I can't ever take a chance by drinking, evah again.
Relationships ending is a big trigger to go mad. That's why I am kindof OK being single at the moment. I can't imagine being with a boyfriend who drinks. All my boyfriends drank. That what we did. Drink together and the rest.mad times.

Sometimes it's good to write down the crap that you did when you drank. It really works for me because yes, it's a reminder of why we started this journey. None if us want to go back to that place. Ugh. Makes me shudder thinking about it. The ugly obsession for alcohol. That self destruct don't give a fcuk for me nor for you button we have
High five to you for getting this far. I an sorry I bit your head off. I was feeling sorry for myself. You can bite my head off in return to make it fair. Lol.
Er.no don't. Lol