View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Hey guys, happy weekend!

Phoebe I'm sorry your daughter is sick, poor thing. I hope she gets better soon. Sounds like rest is what she needs (and chicken soup never hurts).

Yesterday I gave my statement of "injury" to the worker's comp insurance lady. She was very nice, and I think it went fine. I said nothing of my mental health history, and she didn't ask. It was very hard to talk about what I expect my work life to be like after my assistant leaves. Getting into the details makes gets me upset, but I controlled it pretty well. The lady said what's happening is outrageous and encouraged me to have good work boundaries. I mean, of course insurance companies are going to encourage you to mitigate the damage, but she had some good advice on stress management, and I agreed to try everything she suggested (including putting a mirror at my desk because apparently when you see a face, you automatically smile, which makes you happier...I kind of doubt that works for people with social anxiety, but whatever, I'll try anything). She told me to tell my doctor what's going on asap so they can start monitoring me for stress related injury, and I can file a formal lawsuit within a year if I wind up "injured." This is so bizarre, but I'm feeling better about it.

I haven't been able to control my eating disorder the past few days and am dropping a little weight. I'm supposed to present my "food diary" to a dietitian on Monday, which is going to be interesting to try to explain. She works with us crazy anorexics, though, so I'm sure this won't be totally strange to her. I know I need to eat more, but eating too much makes me feel like there's chaos inside my body, and I've got too much chaos going on around me and in my mind right now. I feel like more chaos will be overwhelming, and if I can control my eating, it will somehow hold everything else together. Yes, it's crazy, I know. I need to regain my focus on recovery, but it's very hard with all this other stuff going on.

Anyway, this morning I took baby girl to a birthday party for some random kid from school. Can the other parents here validate how totally freaking awkward those parties can be? Sheesh! It was fine, though, the kids had fun.

Planning to relax and refocus a bit this weekend. Probably making spaghetti for dinner. Still need to figure out what to do with 1,000 lemons...
I'm really glad that your workmen's comp meeting went well, Briar. It sounds as though this woman may be another person 'on your side'.

1,000 lemons!!!! Could you sell a few to your local grocery store?

More lemon curd????