View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
digdug

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
These letters were great!

I appreciate the varying sobriety plans we employed that have all led us to the same goal of long-term sobriety. Some of us focused on AA as a primary method of recovery. Some of us attended treatment, both inpatient and outpatient. Some of us utilized as a primary SR as a tool to stay connected and accountable. It really just goes to show there is not ONE way to get sober.

But there is a single theme that weaves throughout every story. All of us were willing to put a significant amount of effort into recovery. Those that stuck with SR still post daily in the Marcher '13 thread, as well as various other daily recovery threads like the 24 hour thread and undies/overs. Those that chose AA have worked the steps and reaped the benefits. Those that went to treatment/therapy finished out their programs successfully. Something Saskia once posted about a year and a half ago still rings true to me (I'm paraphrasing here): "If outpatient and AA don't work, I'm checking right into inpatient rehab." I know she meant it.

It is that willingness to embrace recovery to its fullest and explore all avenues of learning how to get sober and stay sober that has led to some tremendous successes.

I also wanted to thank the Marchers that no longer post but I hope and pray they are safe, sober and happy, including Joygirl, 360Shoes, Nattythreads, 1Dayatatyme, MeSoSober, Chuff, Gilmer (thanks for stopping by recently!) and many others.

I've learned in recovery that people come and people go. It's just part of the game. Sometimes it's because of relapse or death and sometimes it's because they've moved on to bigger and better things. But their absence does not negate how they contributed to MY sobriety. I am so grateful for that.

RIP Josie. We miss you.