View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Steely, I agree with Astro completely. I know you probably feel guilty about the things you've done in the past. If I were to make an educated guess about the percentage of people in early recovery that feel guilt, I'd say 100%. But, you need to let go of your guilt and insecurities hun. No more crawling anywhere for you! Stand tall and be proud of what you have accomplished because giving up drugs and alcohol is no small feat, quite the opposite.

So, my 3 children live in 3 different cities. My son lives w/us. My oldest daughter lives 50 mins away. And my youngest daughter lives 1 1/2 hrs away. Yet, they all still hang around each other at least 3-5 times/mo. Tonight they're all going to watch monster trucks w/their fams. When they were growing up, I asked God for 1 thing...to please let my children grow up to be healthy and happy. He answered my prayers. Thank goodness I didn't get on opiates and benzos until they were older. I feel like I have succeeded in life because not only are they all happy and healthy, they're best friends with each other. I'm very blessed.

I just received a Rogers and Hammerstein Collection of 6 dvds, so we're going to have a musical movie marathon today, much to my hubs distain lol. We're starting off with South Pacific, then Oklahoma, The King and I, Sound of Music, State Fair and finally Carousel. I'm waiting for Iron Maiden to come out with a rock opera like The Who's Tommy lol. Some day maybe?

Happy wkend and ( hugs )) everyone!