View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Good morning gang.

A very busy end to the week as one of my associates had to be out for a family emergency. Not too long ago I would have resented the intrusion of all the extra work into time I set aside for alcohol.....not once appreciating the robust business I've worked for. Nowadays with a grateful heart I'm on my game and just roll with it.

Likely I'll be in Boston this summer for a conference. Any tips for best walking tours downtown? I'd like to see some of the history Boston offers.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Boston is a very good walking city, Mark! The Freedom Trail is the classic tour, and self-guided. You basically follow the red line through the city, and it takes you to the waterfront area, where you can get great meals. If you like seafood, I highly recommend Union Oyster House. It is the oldest restaurant in the city, I believe. Other good restaurants are Legal Seafoods, or any of a number of Italian places throughout the North End. It is the oldest restaurant in the city, I believe. I could have that fact wrong. Will you have a vehicle or time to get out of the city? If so, there is wonderful revolutionary history in Lexington, Bedford, and Concord. It is essentially the towns of Paul Revere's famous ride.

I do not dine in the city much, since we moved to this house, about 45 minutes out, but I can reach out to friends who go out more often and get you recommendations, if you like. I know my neighbors a few houses down go to Boston frequently.