Old 03-05-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Gooood Morning friends!

Day 60 over here and yes, I am patting myself on the back today. Thank GOD I didn't take a sip all those times I was tempted. I need to hold onto this feeling anytime that AV comes out to strike.

I was trying to think if I have ever been sober for 60 days before when attempting sobriety and I honestly can't remember. I was in a hospital back in 2004 for a suicide attempt- the first time I was told I was a drug addict and alcoholic. I know I made it to 30 days in the center but can't remember what happened immediately when I was released (although I did end up drinking and drugging a few months later.) Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter.

I want to thank SR and all of you- none of this would be possible without you, none of it. I am so grateful that this place exists and that I can have support at any time of the day or night. In my opinion this is greater than any meeting, any sponsor and for me it is working (not discounting both of those by the way but this is what works for me.)

I feel so blessed to be alive, to be sober, to be able to finally reach my dreams and goals, something I could never do had I continued to numb my reality with liquid poison. When I walk past the booze in the grocery stores now I think to myself automatically, "what poison." I want nothing to do with it ever again.

This is the life we were meant to live.
This is the person we were meant to be.
This is the reason we are given free will.

Thank you to all of you- I can honestly say there is a piece of my heart that holds a spot for you...