View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
KeyofC

I'm on another online group too and I can say the message boards there are harsh, judgemental, they only enforce one way to recovery. There's not the support system like I felt here because there's a few that pick everything you say apart and want to just fight and argue. There are a few that give great advice or experiences and to me, that's what an online message board should be. It should offer choices not just "AA is the only way", or sober living, or avrt, or therapy. You get the point. Some people need ALL things, some people, no. It depends because each case is very much individualized. A million times I've said we are all different, but have the same end goal: sobriety and recovery. No matter black, white, Chinese, American, etc. Addiction doesn't care what race, religion, creed, walk of life you come from. I don't pay attention to stereotypes nor do I care about it. I care about hoping I can offer one ray of sunshine into someone's day full of clouds and grey skies. I can't say enough how grateful I am to have joined SR, stumbled upon it just surfing for online help from alcoholism. I am grateful I found all of you. Everyone wants validation. Everyone wants to know they're being heard and not alone. Everyone wants unbiased thoughts, experiences, advice. They'll certainly get it here. Y'all are my peeps and I'll scream it from the roof tops!! (((((((HUG)))))))
Hang in there newbies! I promise you if you work toward sobriety/recovery and spill your guts on here as much as you can (God knows I did!) you will start to heal. Don't give up! Give yourself a chance to be the person you were meant to be!

Sobriety: July 20, 2015
Recovery: Each and every day!