View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

I feel that the nonjudgemental acceptance here is the key to being able to unblock our negativity about ourselves. Being able to offload all the cr4p about ourselves and have others say 'you know, you ain't so bad, and you are working on getting better' helps to finally let go the guilt that drags us down and that AV uses against us ....' I am unworthy therefore I might as well drink' . For many of us here, for the first time in our LIVES we can talk to people who not only don't judge, but who seem to actually understand what led us to the dark places we inhabited in our souls. Shining a light here on those dark places changes them.

KNB in the early days I shoulda paid rent I was here so much, I needed the connection, so please don't feel like you are monopolising or anything, as you become less needful of immediate help in your recovery,you will ease off the gas a little. As for emotions? Heck I believe all addicts, myself absolutely included, have egos like spun sugar, and as you said yourself, in early recovery are as vulnerable to our emotions as new born babes. Hang in there, you are doing all the right things.

Have a great weekend Undies and for those UK mums, happy Mothers Day for tomorrow!