View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
KeyofC

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
KeyofC I felt a lump in my throat when I read your post. I can cry at the slightest thing. But not because of sadness, because of hope. I never thought I could have 39 days of sobriety and only people who have this disease relate to where I have come from and where I am trying to go.

It's inspiration al posts like these that keep me strong
(Hug)! Hey I used to be real active here until my job got crazy and I'm trying to be more "present" in my home. I checked out if my life quite a few years ago and I'm trying to be a better Mom, wife, friend, etc to my family. It's very much needed! If I can say anything to you to help you, here's a couple of things. I am almost at 8 months. Thought I'd never get here! Every bad, horrible day sober is 100 times better than one second drinking, drunk. I know this to be true, I come in here and hash out my thoughts that are sometimes a mess and heartwrenching, but that's me just being honest, straight to the point, real. I'm still going to have bad days. I'm just in the process of trying to get tools to better deal with my emotions and feelings. That's the first thing I can offer. Secondly, remember ALL your wins, big or small. Any step in the right direction is a plus. Toot your own horn cause if you don't, there's nobody else that will! I have to remember where I came from to where I am now and THAT speaks volumes. Anyway I know you've had some of this under your belt from what your tag says. Just thought I'd put in my two cents, I wish you strength, happiness, and peace! ((Hug))!