Old 03-04-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
safeandsound

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Is anyone reading anything helpful recovery wise right now? I was thinking about opening up my library and re-reading Drinking: A Love Story.
Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget by Sarah Hepola. I swear to God I have never underlined so many passages in a book before (I love this feature on kindle), and I read A LOT. Something is underlined every page, sometimes every paragraph, sometimes entire paragraphs! That just means I relate to her story--for me, blackouts happened often and were devastating to myself and others (well, I did funny stuff a few times, but that hardly makes up for the embarrassing or hurtful things I did most times).

She's a great writer--has written for the NYTimes magazine, Slate, the Guardian, and she edited Salon for a long time. I didn't know that when I started reading. I was just so impressed by the style that I had to look her up!

If you suffered from blackouts, I highly recommend it. I'm still early in the book because I keep pausing to underline and reflect.