View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
KeyofC

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Haha Bandi, the Limerick thread was almost a riot! The few poor guys who ventured aboard ( Carlos ((( ))) ) didn't know what hit them! I personally found that tapping into my creativity really helped me to express my feelings about stopping drinking.

KIR I had very similar feelings, I actually went through a period of grieving for the end of the 'relationship' the longest one I have had by far. As you say, it didn't matter the negative, abusive, poisonous nature of the relationship the constancy was something I really missed, having that one constant to turn to in every occasion, happy, sad, shy, awkward, lonely, angry, whatever occasion, whatever mood, whether everyone else was there to share with me or no one else seemed to understand, my BFF the bottle was always there.

It makes sense we miss that relationship in an ineffable way, but in time, and by making the effort to fill that space, we meet new friends, enjoy new experiences and realise that, although occasionally we still wished we could share them with bottle, we know we are better of without.

Glee my friend, I am so proud to have been along side you here in your recovery, you have worked so hard and with such determination to turn your life around, it would be easy to forgive if you drifted away because you were so busy, but instead, you make time to come here and share, encourage and support others, lending your experience and offering a helping hand. Your time here, the effort you make is I know, greatly appreciated by everyone you touch.

Official greetings Bandi and Bunny, quite the menagerie we have going here!!!

Congratulations on missing your milestone Amp!! I remember the first one that passed me by, I really felt like, 'hey, it's becoming a way of life now!'

Key, how are you doing now?

BeFree, I hope you are doing okay, I know the pressure you are under right now.

Keep On Keeping On Undies
You know, I am doing good. The questions I ask I think are normal, the feelings I am feeling, I know are normal as well. It's all a learning experience. It all feels so foreign to me. Some days I struggle hard with my emotions, other days I am comfortable with my emotions. It's all so new and different form what I am used to that it's just weird. Like a human being does, some days I guess I fight the change and want to revert back to the old comfortable ways of behavior. I don't, but it of course is tempting to just let it all slide. In the long run I know it wouldn't be worth it. I am on the road to recovery. I am recognizing a lot of things that need to be changed...hey! That's a good thing that I recognize things so I am happy for that small step. I am learning to admit when I am wrong. I am apologizing when I need to. I am taking ownership when I should. Huge steps for me that have taken time. So The biggest hurdle is telling myself that everything takes time and time I cannot control. I have to make myself slow the heck down and be patient. Live life...live it. Thank you for asking. I am so grateful for SR and all of you guys. I am so grateful that no one told me that there was a certain road to recovery and just let me find my own way. I am so grateful people were not mean to me here or judgmental or harsh and accepted me for who I am. There is not right or wrong way to recovery. You have to be accepting of what you're facing, what you need to do to get there, where you came from, and where you want to go. ((Hug))
Ya'll are awesome!