Old 07-13-2005, 06:02 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
bengalsfan1

I'm new here

I just read your post and I also have been all types of the enabler. To briefly tell my story, last Tuesday, July 5th, I received a call from a woman who proceeded to tell me that my husband of 15 years had another woman 9 months pregnant. I actually had to call him at the bar to come home so I could confront him. He denied it until I said I would hire a private detective to get to the truth. He then admitted it was true. We have two children and my 14 year old son witnessed my breakdown when I found out. I have asked him to move out and am just starting a recovery process. Over the years I have dealt with DUI's, wrecked cars, bailing out of jail after bar fights and the list goes on. We have a large group of close friends and in the last year he has been really embarassing and mean when he gets drunk around them. I have apologized for him countless times. I have pulled him out of his truck when he has passed out in the middle of our street. My heart is broken because I loved him very much. Our 5 year old keeps asking when she can see daddy and it is so sad. My doctor is researching for a good therapist for me to see, but I just needed to start telling my story.