View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
nymets86

Well, that was another horrendous debate. It's not just because I live in New York City, but I'd like to see Mike Bloomberg get involved in this campaign. He's an honest man and a good politician.

I do support Hillary, am fine with Sanders and find this slate of GOP nominees to be repulsive. Tonight's debate made that even more clear.

I don't take my sobriety for granted, but it's nights like this that sometimes remind me of why I used to drink constantly.

Instead of focusing on the election, I've been fascinated by the story of Scott Kelly coming back to Earth after a year in space. That's what I love about America. I do think that the USA will be the first country to land humans on Mars, but I'm probably getting carried away.

This weekend I have good sober plans. Tomorrow will be an evening at home and Saturday I'm heading to my brother's house for the big college hoops game. Him and his wife usually have a drink or two and no longer comment on me not drinking, so it's good environment. They do have a crazy dog that jumps on my face at 3 in the morning, but that's part of the fun.

Good night