View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tursiops999

Boy, my AV really reacts to dental work.

I ended up back in the dentist's chair, as that tooth extraction from 2 weeks ago went bad ... was not healing and dentist said it was infected. I went in for what I thought would be a routine follow up, but he ended up doing a bunch of oral surgery, for which I was unprepared. The whole time in the chair, I just wanted to be out of my body. I usually get nitrous oxide at the dentist but I guess he forgot this time, and by the time I realized how extensive this procedure was, it was well under way. So I just toughed it out. But I felt kind of traumatized.

When I got home I felt like hell, opened the frig, and there was a beer (my husband keeps a few beers around, which he drinks very sparingly ... like a half a beer, the rest goes down the drain). My AV said, "it would be ok for you to have a beer because you were so traumatized by what just happened, it's like a medication for you." For a split second that felt totally justified, but since I no longer drink, I was able to recognize it as just the old AV.

Sheesh. Tiresome beast.