Old 03-03-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Paix Amour

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Coco + Dee - I think I could be around alcohol and stay strong, everyone knows my situation (although maybe that's a case of easier said than done). I'd also have to reconnect with my ex through my AA stepwork anyway (my drinking caused a lot of problems come the end), but maybe it's too soon. I'll ask my closest friend for advice tomorrow, she always has the right answer. Right now I'm leaning towards giving it a miss and visiting her in her city in the near future.
OK. Well make sure you have a plan and a back up plan if you go. And most importantly, have great time if you go. You can have a great time without alcohol. But you already know that :-)

One other wee thing......having to discuss your ex in AA or therapy or the like is one thing. Being faced with him surrounded by alcohol might be quite another. Just saying.

Please don't stress about making a decision about this. Just think it through honestly (as in, being honest with yourself) a d logically and make the call. If you decide to go then make a plan and a back up plan. If it were me I would seriously prepare for how I will deal with any emotions re: the ex should they arise during the outing.

Night.