View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Saskia

Another great, sober morning :-)

Toots, my dear friend, super post!

Congratulations to all of us on another sober day. My life is so incredibly much better.

For all of you who haven't known me that long, I'd like to add a bit of a footnote. We all have so many similarities yet also many differences. It took me over 2 years after joining SR to stop having regular relapses. After I had been sober for about 8 or 9 months, my PTSD got triggered and I had a very brief (about 2 days) relapse. I was very disappointed. But, I went immediately to my pdoc and got some extra help with short-term meds and that very brief relapse didn't continue.

I'm not in any way trying to discourage anyone and most definitely don't advocate anyone following that part of my path! Since then, I am very aware of just how thin the line can be between sober and not. Most of the time I'm finding it easy but I have a much stronger respect now for just how sneaky the AV is. I have made it a priority to check in to SR every day and read and post on 4 different threads. I also read the newcomer's posts which can be emotionally difficult at times. It does remind me why I never want to go back there.

I am grateful every day for my sobriety and you all play a big part in that. Being part of your developing sobriety strengthens my own.