Old 03-02-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
GardenGal
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
OT, this is total AV logic you're using. You're looking for an excuse to drink, and looking for an excuse to not go in for detox. Quit f*cking making excuses. DON'T DRINK and go into detox tomorrow. It's not rocket science.
I support this post. OT, you've done so well, stick to it!! Why not stay sober, yet still go for detox? Worst they can do is send you home with a chuckle, and you might actually make their day [and you're own!] as the best patient ever.

Appt with my doc was way, WAY better than expected. She is SO awesome [young-ish mom of multiple young kids, so she's always on maternity leave! LOL]. She wants to see me again next week. I cried a bit with her nurse when I started to admit, then I balled when I fully admitted all to the doc. I got hugs all around, and told that they are SUPER proud of me. I promptly got an EKG, and all sorts of other tests and appts are set up. They were quite surprised, as I expected. Being secretive is the cornerstone to alcoholism, right?

Then I went to my 3rd AA meeting, which was about step 5. I swore I wouldn't talk there for a long while, but I spilled the beans about my doc appt, saying I've just admitted to another human being, and now it's even on my official medical record. HEAVY SIGH.

It's a funny group. Someone was talking about a guy in AA admitting he'd 'done' a sheep while drunk, and the priest in AA replied that he'd done the whole flock. I was warmly welcomed by many at the end.

Laughter IS perhaps the best medicine.