View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hey Undies,

SJ, welcome back and kudos on your 30-day accomplishment.

Welcome, knb. It really looks like you are working a strong program. I find it hard to tell people what or what not to do to stay sober. The best I can do is offer what has worked for me, and not pass any judgement on programs that I do not follow, agree or disagree with. Consequently, one of the beauties of SR for me is the diversity.

So many things that I heard and read early on that were so foreign to what I thought I believed are now staples in my recovery process today. I have the SR community to thank for helping me to broaden my recovery scope in various ways. #nolimits

My goal is has been to achieve a level of sobriety that goes beyond simply not picking up - physically, emotionally and spiritually. I've found that by applying the principals of AA in all of my affairs, that my life has found a joy and freedom that I never knew existed.

Yes, freedom not only from the obsession to drink but, a freedom from self. Changing my alcoholic thinking has been a long involved process, but not as difficult a road as I expected.

Fact is, the #3 in your signature is exactly what I did this time around. Your quote, "3rd attempt..fingercrossed. Support from AA, SR and private addiction counselling". That combination has worked wonders for me.

Sooo, my only advice is: Keep Coming Back

Toots, guilty as charged.

BF, how is that sponsor search going? I am doing the same search now following my move to Florida and hope to soon have a new sponsor.

Welcome, purple. I too fought off AA for many years. On June 3rd of 2013 I walked into a mtg and decided that it was time to align and no longer look for the ways it didn't work for me. I take what I need and leave the rest - (on a shelf). Haha, and over time I've found myself going back to pick up a few things on that shelf. Nice to have you on board!

Babs, so good to see you checking in regularly.

I once heard a guy say that he goes to regular meetings regularly. I guess we are all are seeking some form of regularity - right, Toots?

Must dash off on that note - best to all...

Carlos