Old 03-02-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
opalblue

Deelizadee – Apathy. It’s a dangerous emotion. What can you do to change this? You say that you can. What’s stopping you? I know I need goals to keep me interested and motivated. You sound like you have some? Jeez. I am the worst to talk about this. I am trying to find joy in my life again..dont know how and when but I sure do know that drinking wont bring it.

ONTT- Breakups are a huge trigger to completely lose it. I was engaged nearly three years ago but my fiancé cheated on me. That experience nearly killed me. I was on anti-depressants, I drank myself stupid for years and my anxiety was through the roof…for years. I still think of that time. Still not over it completely. I don’t think I ever will be to be honest. It was a life changing moment and it showed me that I am very capable of destroying myself. I think this year is going to be focused on my most important relationship. And that is me. Like JL mentioned… Its about self love. I stopped loving and caring for myself for many years. Its time I showed myself that I am worth something

Mel -I am guessing you are an athlete?

Badger- Be careful. I had the same thoughts.[nearly drank last night. I would have thrown away 36 days. So glad I didn’t

Oldtomato- I am the last one to cry out for help but I have to in order to stay sober.I have battled with this addiction on my own and I cant do it. I need to be accountable, I need to be vunerable, I need to tell people I am weak. It’s the only way forward for me. I need to be honest with myself and to others. You should see me at meetings. I bawl my eyes out. I vow that I wont but as soon as I share I am overcome with emotion. I spill everything out and man do I feel better for it. Its your pride that stops you from crying out for help.

Cococo- Thanks for your concern. Are you okay? Whats wrong?

Morning to anyone else I havnt mentioned in my post