Old 03-02-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
OldTomato

Morning all, I overslept by two hours and broke my streak of actually waking up when I'm supposed to!! Oh well. I'm off to a lunchtime meeting today, then a few hours of volunteering, then some teaching. I was considering going to a second evening meeting but I think I've got enough planned for today! Day 15 for me, halfway to the 30 day milestone!!

I was talking to a fellow AA last night about how I'm a bad sponsee. Whenever I'm getting a craving I sit through it myself, then a few hours after it I'll text me sponsor like "I almost had a drink earlier but I'm okay now". I got a telling off! I'm not really one to pick up the phone and ask someone for help, I find it really difficult. Probably need to get over that one.

jobei - Drinking will just make that apathy worse (as I believe Dee said earlier). It's true! Volunteering sounds like a great idea, it's so rewarding helping others and it gives you a sense of purpose in your sobriety. I'm hoping to start volunteering with the charity that supported me when I've got 6 months under my belt.

Sansa - Glad you're keeping busy, congrats on Day 24. Check in when you can!